CAPA is a model arts program for young people in Western North Carolina. The faculty and staff of CAPA greatly value quality education and arts experiences for all youth. Discovering ones creative potential and individual self in relationship to the world in which they live, work, and play is essential to the creative and performing arts experience. A safe, encouraging and respectful environment is central to building a cohesive and collaborative learning
2013 Camp Dates
June 22-28 (Non-high school camp is Monday through Friday only.)
- To deliver a comprehensive curriculum which is supported by the National Standards for Arts Education.
- To provide opportunities for youth to discover their own creative potential through a wide range of arts disciplines.
- To encourage and nurture the development of self awareness and confidence.
- To foster an appreciation and awareness of the impact the arts have in society.
- To develop a sense of community through rich arts experiences.
Typical Week at CAPA
- Arrival to CAPA is 9am each morning
- Departure each afternoon at 3pm
- Interactive games start each day
- Lunch in McDonald Dining Hall at 11:45am
- Sessions include crafts, storytelling, music, dance, theater, creative writing and more!
- Afternoon snacks provided
- Field trip on Wednesdays
- Children’s work on display
- Performance Showcases on Friday